Soar to new heights as a Wheelchair Escort at the Pittsburgh International Airport for Aviation Safeguards.
This job adventure provides: advancement opportunity, interaction with interesting people and the chance to help others.
Wheelchair escorts take travelers who need assistance from the ticket counter to the plane.
The pay is $9.50 per hour, all the tips you can earn and the satisfaction of serving others.
Send your resume or note of interest to our email: PittWC@aviationsafeguards.com.
Job Title: Wheelchair Escort
Supervision Required: Direct
Reports To: Duty Manager
Payroll Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Educational Requirements: Minimum standard establish at hire
Summary of Duties:
Provides physical assistance to passengers requiring aid getting in and out wheelchair. Required to safely transport passengers to their destination making sure passenger is as comfortable as possible. Provides needed assistance with passenger baggage. Examines wheelchairs daily for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Examines wheelchairs daily for any required repairs, needed maintenance and level of cleanliness.
- Checks brakes
- Checks footrests
- Inspects seat and back
- Inspects wheels
- Checks handgrips
- Evaluates overall cleanliness of wheelchair
- Reports any required maintenance or needed repairs to Manager. Cleans wheelchair between uses.
- Responds to Dispatch request for passenger or airline assistance.
- Provides physical assistance to seat and transport passengers to their destinations.
- Informs passenger of transport procedure. Demonstrate a professional attitude and respect toward the passenger.
- May escort passenger in wheelchair through security checkpoints.
- Follows all safety rules. Observes and reports any unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately to their manager or proper authority.
- Remains with passenger until released to the airlines or departs terminal.
- Notifies dispatch upon completion of each assignment.
- May be requested to perform other duties as assigned based on Manager’s needs or airline activity.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses proper body mechanics while performing duties.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Demonstrates ability to work with others and interact appropriately.
- Able to think clearly during crisis or high-stress periods.
- Possess empathetic abilities in dealing with passengers and their needs.
- Maintains communication with other agents and managers. Relates information regarding events or situations that may effect operations.
- May be expose to high levels of noise in the terminals.
- Physical demands placed on employee when dealing with passengers of varying weights and temperaments.
- Must be flexible to work scheduled and/or non-scheduled hours as required.
- Must be able to control wheelchair with passenger and maneuver through crowded or tight spaces.