Summary of Duties:
Provides physical assistance to passengers requiring aid getting in and out wheelchair. Required to safely transport passengers to their destination making sure passenger is as comfortable as possible. Provides needed assistance with passenger baggage. Examines wheelchairs daily for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Examines wheelchairs daily for any required repairs, needed maintenance and level of cleanliness.
- Checks brakes
- Checks footrests
- Inspects seat and back
- Inspects wheels
- Checks handgrips
- Evaluates overall cleanliness of wheelchair
- Reports any required maintenance or needed repairs to Manager. Cleans wheelchair between uses.
- Responds to Dispatch request for passenger or airline assistance.
- Provides physical assistance to seat and transport passengers to their destinations.
- Informs passenger of transport procedure. Demonstrate a professional attitude and respect toward the passenger.
- May escort passenger in wheelchair through security checkpoints.
- Follows all safety rules. Observes and reports any unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately to their manager or proper authority.
- Remains with passenger until released to the airlines or departs terminal.
- Notifies dispatch upon completion of each assignment.
- May be requested to perform other duties as assigned based on Manager’s needs or airline activity.