Job Title: Skycap
Supervision Required: Direct
Reports To: Duty Manager
Payroll Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Educational Requirements: Minimum standard established at hire
Summary of Duties:
Greet and assist passengers from curbside to ticket counter or other check in area. Unloads luggage from cars, van, or busses. Transport passengers’ luggage through additional means such as carts or hand trucks.
- Greet passengers at curbside. Answer questions and gives direction as required. Assists passengers with their luggage from curbside to the ticket counter or to other screening area.
- Handles oversized luggage. Transport oversized luggage to appropriate pick up area.
- “Check In” approved passengers at curbside.
- May deal with passengers with disabilities. Obtain transport for passengers needing assistance from curbside to screening and on to terminal. May act as wheelchair escort on occasion.
- Reports any required maintenance or needed repairs to Manager.
- Follow all safety rules. Observes and reports any unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately to their manager or proper authority.
- May be requested to perform other duties as assigned based on Manager’s needs or airline activity.
- May be exposed to high levels of noise or variations in weather and temperature.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible to work scheduled and/or non-scheduled hours as required.