Job Title: Dispatcher
Supervision Required: Indirect
Reports To: Duty Manager
Payroll Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Educational Requirements: Minimum standard established at hire
Summary of Duties:
Dispatches security personnel to client's site for private, protective-service. Reads posted orders to ascertain personnel requirements and notifies guards of work assignments and changes in instructions by telephone. Compiles and records data for dispatch, payroll, billings, and personnel records. May issue regular and special equipment to guards.
- Ability to answer telephone calls and write report.
- Dispatch appropriate personnel and equipment to work sites as necessary or as directed, or work schedules and proximity of available crew to site locations.
- Serve as liaison to receive and relay radio transmissions from field personnel to appropriate staff.
- Maintain daily log of dispatch orders, maintenance requests, and computer data base.
- Record arrival and departure time of all vehicles, equipment, and personnel.
- Record all no call, no show, call outs, and lateness in log book.
- Follow all safety rules. Observes and reports any unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately to their manager or proper authority.
- May be requested to perform other duties as assigned based on Manager’s needs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses proper body mechanics while performing duties.
- Remain alert and aware of the surroundings.
- Able to think clearly during crisis or high-stress periods.
- Possess empathetic abilities in dealing with employees and their questions.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others and interact appropriately.
- Maintains communication with other managers. Relates information regarding events or situations that may effect operations.
- Generally works in traditional office setting.
- Ability to sit for a long period of time.
- Must be flexible to work scheduled and/or non-scheduled hours as required.